The Sustainable Energy Authority of the United Kingdom has launched an energy-saving program plan with a mission of transforming the UK into a society based on sustainable energy structures, technologies, and practices, and a vision of making the UK a recognized global leader in sustainable energy. There are now various cost-effective energy-saving opportunities which, through reducing fuel and annual electricity bills, can pay for themselves in a relatively short period.
External wall insulation
External wall insulation provides exterior walls adequate insulation that they need along with polished surface, and waterproofing in an organized composite system. Because walls are among those areas where the house loss maximum heat and is one of the greatest reaching up to 40% of the overall, if they are not insulated properly, this is one of the most effective measures getting your home warmer and greener.
External Wall Insulation from the outer area has a vivid benefit over traditional insulation ways, like dry-lining wall insulation. By insulating from the outer area and cutting thermal connections, it protects the entire building structure from the cold and wet weather, which is not the case with internal insulation. This insulation also has the biggest advantage for the homeowners applying for the Home Energy Saving Grants. For this measure, the grant is the highest – up to €4,000 per household, which can cover quite a high part of the cost of external insulation.
External insulation includes fixing insulation elements for instance, mineral wool or extended polystyrene plates to the outer surface of the wall of your home. A steel or fiberglass mesh is embedded in this render to provide enough strength and high-impact protection and resistance to wall. A thin layer of insulation may be applied around the edges of window and door openings to minimize thermal bridging. The technology is well-entrenched in northern Europe, where this technology has been in use since many years, but is not yet widely used in Ireland. However, as soon as the home energy saving grants has introduced, this technology has been very rapidly adapted by the external insulation manufacturers.
Why you need external wall insulation?
If you are not sure whether to install external wall insulation on your home or simply keep your doors and windows tightly shut to avoid heat loss; here are seven things that you should know about the exterior wall insulation system.
- External wall insulation is simply the application of the insulation layer to a building’s exterior wall to improve its energy effectiveness.
- Insulating a building’s external, for instance, solid walls will help reduce energy bills. Homeowners who invest in a top-quality exterior wall insulation system get to save up to around £400 yearly on their heating expenses! By insulating your building, you will not only reduce heat loss but also reduce your heating costs by about 50%.
- If you will invest money in home insulating process your living building and the building where you conduct your business activities, you will reduce carbon emission into the earth’s atmosphere. With Insulated Render System installed by Rendering, one can reduce their home’s carbon emission by a whole 50%.
- One of the greatest advantages of choosing to install external wall insulation is that you and members of your household or company will not be required to move out of the building when constructors are doing their job. You do not require moving into someone else’s home (temporarily) when your property is being insulated for few days. Furthermore, no single stick of furniture or fixture will be removed when work is going on, you can get on with your day-to-day activities the way usually you do.
- You will not lose any of your valuable internal living area. Since the insulation job is being done on the building’s exterior walls, it will not in any way affect the internal living space.
- If you plan on selling your property sometime in the future, you will be glad to know that insulating it will add more value to it when it is listed for sale. Several property buyers these days are known to prefer buying properties that are energy efficient. Other one of the benefit of buildings with exterior insulation layers is that they are exquisite to look at.
The additional benefits of installing external wall insulation in home include:
- It stops rainwater from leaking through the walls of your property
- It has the capacity to absorb and blocks out sound system – especially bothersome ones.
- It can be applied without stress
- Stops internal & interstitial wall condensation
Pro Efficiency Solutions is an NSAI Certified External Wall Insulation Contractor that will help you make your home warmer, more comfortable, and greener. Being in the industry for years, homeowners availing of any external insulation grants under the Home Energy Savings scheme should aim to achieve a U-value of maximum W/M or better (i.e. lower).
As NSAI and SEAI External Insulation certified installers only can do the home insulation job hence keeping that in mind Pro Efficiency Solutions has NSAI Certificate for External Wall Insulation and SEAI registration for External Wall Insulation. Compared to other home insulation contractors, we have the most economic prices along with the advance technological like mineral wool or fiberglass.